Thursday, June 13, 1996
("*" marks the plenary events):
- 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Early registration, Clemson House
- 12-6 p.m. On-site registration, Brooks Center (BC) lobby
- 1-3 p.m.
- Video showings: preview and discussion: The War Within: A Portrait of Virginia Woolf, directed by John Fuegi and Jo Francis (Recital Hall 117)
- Writers' workshop: "Moments of Writing: A Virginia Woolf Workshop," Rhonda Pettit, University of Cincinnati (coordinator) (Room 115)
- Discussion group: "Virginia Woolf: On Education," Paul Connolly, Bard College, and Susan Kirschner, Lewis and Clark College (moderators) (Room 108)
- 3-4 p.m. Chairs' meeting (Green Room)
- 4-4:30 p.m. Welcoming remarks (BC Theater): Elisa Sparks and Wayne Chapman
- 4:30-6 p.m.* International Symposium 1: Family Perspective (BC Theater) Wayne Chapman, Clemson University (chair) Jean Moorcroft Wilson, Cecil Woolf Publishers and the University of London, "Conceived with Kindness: The Woolf Family Perspective"
- 6-7:30 p.m. Reception (in BC lobby)
- 7:30-9:15 p.m.* International Symposium 2: American (BC Theater) Evelyn Harris Haller, Doane College (chair)
- Susan Friedman, University of Wisconsin-Madison, "Uncommon Readings: Woolf in the Contact Zone of the Global Ethnoscape"
- Jane Marcus, City University of New York Graduate Center, "Wrapped in the Stars and Stripes: Virginia Woolf in the U.S.A."
- 9:15-10 p.m. Refreshments
Back to Woolf Conference Home Page
Back to Elisa's Home Page
Website designed and maintained by Dr. Elisa Kay Sparks
Last update: 6/11/97